CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It worked!!!!!!!!!!


So last year I had the great idea to plant a couple cucumber plants b/c we like cucumbers. I asked Massy about it and he kinda got into it. I just wanted to throw the plants in 1 of the flower beds and be done with it, but he had other ideas. He dug up a lot about 4x8 (about the size of a twin bed), built a raised bed, and bought quite a few plants.
Guess what....nothing came up. We planted too late:(
After talking to quite a few friends who have gardens, (I never knew until recently all these people have gardens. Every time I mention it I feel like somebody chimes in and tells me they have one too--who would have known?) we weren't ready to give up and decided to try it again this year. After asking 100's of questions to some friends...we followed all the right steps and what do you know???
This evening Massy sent Annalisa in to bring me the first tomato. I have to admit I'm a little surprised but also excited. We also tried cucumbers, strawberries (Annalisa & Daniela each have one), oregano, parsley, 2 types of cucumbers and basil.

1 comments:

A is for Audrey said...

i didn't even know you planted a garden! see! this is why you must update regularly!!